Like My Page On Facebook

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Just In Time For Valentines Day...or This Snow Day.


Greetings! I have been wanting to post this recipe for such a long time. Honestly, I have been sitting on it for over a month now. I make it, I eat it, I photograph it, and I tell myself to write it up...now! It never happens. I've told myself over and over again that I've been depriving you guys of the ultimate chocolate decadence. Still, no write up.

So as I sat in my living room last night during the mother of all snow storms, I started to think about comfort food. I wanted a small bite of something sweet and chocolate-y. Yes, chocolate-y is a word. ;-) You're probably thinking I got up and made my delightful recipe again, but I didn't. I made a promise to myself I would share the recipe with you in the morning. Oh...I haven't even told you what the dessert goodness is! Look no further for a fantastic molten chocolate lava cake recipe. This recipe is not for the faint of heart. It will melt in your mouth, solve all the problems in your day, and it will be the ultimate nightcap to your evening. The best part about this entire procedure is that it makes 2 servings...yes, 2 servings!! One for you, and well...you get to decide if you want to share the other one with someone. I shared it with my husband and I got rave reviews. Have a date for Valentine's Day, or do you want to do something special for your significant other? This is a showstopper. It's also a great recipe if you have young kids because the ingredients are so basic, and it really is very easy to put together.  Let's take a look at what you'll need to get started a.s.a.p!!

What you will need:


-          Cooking spray
-          2 small Ramekins or other oven safe baking cups
-          ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
-          1 cup powdered sugar
-          3 Tbsp butter, melted
-          3 Tbsp flour
-          1 egg
-          1 egg yolk
-          Powdered sugar, for dusting
-          Baking tray
-          Microwavable bowl or double boiler

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray the inside of your Ramekins with cooking spray and set them on a baking tray. In a microwave safe bowl, or over a double boiler, heat the butter and chocolate together and stir. I don't have a double boiler, so it was really easy to use the microwave. Just be sure to do it in increments so you don't burn the chocolate. Mix until all the chocolate is smooth and incorporated. You can use a whisk to get out any lumps. Who likes lumpy chocolate? Next, stir in your powdered sugar and mix well. The batter will be pretty thick like a brownie batter. Be sure to get all the sugar thoroughly mixed in. Add your eggs one at a time and your batter will begin to loosen up. Last, but not least, add the flour. See how easy that is? It all goes in one bowl. Just follow the steps.

Divide the batter into the Ramekins, and place them on your baking sheet. Bake your Lava Cakes for 12 minutes. If they look too gooey, and don’t look done to you, leave in for another minute or two. They are supposed to be soft and "lava-like" in the center, but they should at least look to have a cake-like crust on top. Allow the cakes to cool for a few minutes. Before removing the cakes, slide a knife around the edges. Invert onto a plate and sprinkle with powdered sugar. The cake will be gooey and velvety smooth on the inside. Try to contain yourself! Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment