Like My Page On Facebook

Search This Blog

Monday, November 12, 2012

Creamy Pumpkin Pie Bars


Believe me when I say I am constantly thinking about food. Constantly. When I climb into bed at night, I usually end up surfing the internet on my iPhone until I fall asleep. You know what I mean, you've done it before. Like when you start reading a book and you're dozing off, and suddenly the book drops onto your chest or your face. Yep. That's what I'm talking about. I search Pinterest and food sites till my phone falls on my face. Searching for food or reading recipes doesn't keep me awake. It actually makes me really excited for whatever it is I'm making tomorrow. 

So, back to what I was originally talking about. These pumpkin pie bars are the perfect example. I have some lovely Twitter friends, and they know how much I love a good recipe. Surfing Twitter last night, I came across this lovely gem. It has all my favorite fall flavors. Pumpkin. Check. Cinnamon and nutmeg. Check. Pecans. Check. Butter. Ch...er...ok, so butter isn't a fall flavor, but it IS tasty! Just ask Paula Deen. I must have stared at this recipe for a good 10 minutes. I was forming my grocery list in my head, and I was forming a plan of action for the next day. These pumpkin pie bars would be in my possession by tomorrow. 

I can't take credit for this recipe. I really wish I could, but I just can't. The original recipe comes from Joy the Baker. If I could give her an enormous hug I would. These pumpkin bars are so perfect for this time of year. It seems a bit time consuming, but the end result is worth it. I don't say that too easily. There are few things in this life that I find VERY worth it. Well, that's not true. Marrying my husband was worth it. So that's TWO things: marrying the one I love, and making these pumpkin pie bars. Both are life changing! ;-) So go check out the recipe for these bars. The more I talk, the longer it will be before one gets to your pie hole. Pun intended. ;-)

I'm sending you right to the link for the pumpkin bars because like I said, I really didn't change much in this recipe. I just wanted to try it. I added more of the spices than was required by the recipe, but that's just me. I like LOTS of flavor in my dessert if I know how those flavors will meld together. Spicy and warm fall spices blend so well in this dish, so don't be afraid! :-) Look below at my photos to pique your interest. When will YOU be making this dessert??
What your "crumble" mixture should look like after you add in the cold butter.
Press half of your crumble mixture down into your pan lined with parchment paper.
All spiced up and nowhere to go. It's going somewhere!...in my oven!! 
Pumpkin mixture goes on top of the crust, and then you top the mixture with your crumble.
One more time for the cheap seats in the back!...the final product!! 




1 comment:

  1. Yum! Just tried Paula Deen's Pumpkin Butter Cake last night.

    This looks like a really yummy, more crunchy variation on the same theme!

    ReplyDelete