Like My Page On Facebook

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

By Popular Demand. :-)

As most of you know, I read anything about food I can get my hands on. I read cookbooks and cooking magazines in bed...don't judge me! ;-) Sifting through my mail one day, I found an offer for Cooking Light magazine.Cooking Light magazine  I had heard of it before, and I was deep into Weight Watchers at that point, so I was looking for some new healthy recipes. Needless to say, the offer of a subscription for $10 caught my eye. I guess I'm like my grandmother in this sense where a good offer or something from "As Seen on TV" seems like a great deal to me. (Does anyone else out there watch infomercials?? Anyone?)

You're probably thinking, what's the point. I do have one. When I signed up for the magazine, I started receiving recipes in my email each day from them. Some of them I love, and others not so much. This picture is dinner from the other night. Roasted eggplant and sweet red peppers, arugula tossed with olive oil and salt & pepper, goat cheese, and a pesto mayo on Ciabatta bread. It was absolute heaven! The combination was what I expected, but even better! Now, what the recipe really suggested was to just put pesto right on the sandwich. I took the liberty of changing the recipe a bit and making a pesto mayonnaise. It was insanely delicious. This is what I do. I use the recipe as a guide, but I usually switch some of it to make it my own. When the recipe suggested I broil the eggplant and peppers, I actually roasted them in the oven at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes. They became nice and soft, and they were perfect for this sandwich. The soft veggies paired well with the soft bread and the crunchy arugula. Use ingredients that you really love. Fortunately for my husband and I, we love all the vegetables in this dish, and we especially love the arugula. Make sure your produce is nice and fresh, and be sure to buy and use the bread that very day.

Since so many people have inquired about this sandwich, here is the link to the recipe. I wish I could take credit for creating this simple, yet incredibly delicious sandwich. If you decide to make your own, let me know how it turns out! Here's to your next delicious bite. :-)
Eggplant, red pepper, goat cheese sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment