Like My Page On Facebook

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

You Have to Start Somewhere!

Welcome to my blog, and thanks for checking it out! Since you've come this far, you might as well stick around. :-) Food is not my main job or source of income, but it is a passion of mine. From eating it, to cooking it, I eat, sleep, and breathe food. When I'm not working, I like to explore new restaurants, different cultures of food, read cookbooks and cooking magazines, watch cooking shows, and I basically travel around to try new food. Follow me as I move to all different restaurants and cafes, and hopefully I will inspire you to expand your culinary palettes. 

So, in honor of my first post, I give to you one of my favorites, and also one of my favorite memories. This delectable dessert which you see above is from Finale Desserterie & Bakery in Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA. http://www.finaledesserts.com/  This was a little Key Lime Meringue Tart with BIG flavor! The crust looks like you would need to slice through it, but it was flaky and buttery. The filling was smooth and tart...just the way a Key Lime filling should taste. Of course the meringue, my favorite part, was gooey and slightly smoky from the torch. (I'd like to imagine they use some sort of culinary blowtorch to crust the top of my dessert. Doesn't that sound a lot more exciting than baking it in the stove??) :-)

It was a rainy Saturday afternoon in Cambridge, and I was there with my 2 sisters and her 2 best friends. We had just come from the spa because we were celebrating my older sister's bachelorette/shower weekend. Looking for a place to relax and snack, we came across Finale as we walked around Harvard Square. As the rain continued to fall, we ate such amazing desserts as we sipped on coffee, cappucino, and Cafe Au Lait. The 5 of us sat around talking and laughing and enjoying each others company. The rain continued to fall. No dessert or coffee ever tasted so good. When are we going back??

I promise I will get better with my photography. This was taken on an iPhone. Pretty good for the iPhone, huh? Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment