Like My Page On Facebook

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Following Atticus - A small side note...

I guess this isn't a food related post at all, but it is something I feel so strongly about and I NEED to share it!! haha.

I recently finished an amazing book. It was called Following Atticus by Tom Ryan. I had an idea of what the book was about, but it absolutely exceeded any expectations that I had. No other book has ever moved me in such a way. I am not going to give ANYTHING away about this book. All I can say is, if you are an animal lover, if you are a dog lover...this book is for you. It is a fantastic account of the relationship between dog and man and the amazing bond that is formed.

I read a lot, and I have read a lot of books. I can tell you honestly that in my lifetime, I have cried at 3 books. The first was My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult, Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson, and now, this book. Actually, I cried my eyes out at this book. I would read it at night in bed, and it got to the point where I would climb in bed with tissues because I never knew if I'd cry or not! My husband actually started to suggest that I just return the book to the library without finishing it! (Gasp!!) I could never!! I couldn't put it down. It is such a touching story about the bond this man has with his dog. And yes, the story is entirely true. If you have a puppy or a dog, you will be kissing and hugging them every chance you get. (I'm sure your dog won't mind!!)

So, without giving anything else away, and without going on and on about this book, my suggestion is for you to read it. You will NOT be disappointed, and you won't be sorry. After you've read it, and ONLY after, you can visit Tom Ryan's blogspot. I have even started following him on Facebook. Little did I know that he does book tours with his dog and talks about his life and Following Atticus...and he was speaking in the town my sister lives in last Saturday! Dammit!! Oh well. Ok, I won't ramble anymore. Read it if you can, and let me know what you think. There is no book that has ever had this effect on me. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment