Like My Page On Facebook

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Tzatziki Sauce

I know this looks less than appealing, but trust me...it's SO GOOD!!!!
Recently I took a class at The Culinary Institute and made tons of delicious food. One of the plates I was required to make was the zucchini pancakes with homemade tzatziki sauce. If you have never had tzatziki sauce, you're missing out! It's a flavor sauce made from Greek yogurt, cucumber, sour cream, and mixed with tons of fresh herbs and lemon juice. I don't use this solely with the zucchini pancakes, I also use it as a delicious dip for veggies and other things. So, at the request of friends and people who love a good dip, I give you THE best tzatziki dip I have had so far. 

Tzatziki Sauce Culinary Style :-)
1/2 cup plain yogurt (I always use Chobani)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup grated cucumber, squeezed dry
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp minced fresh mint or dill (I always use lots and lots of dill. For me, the flavor is better. Did I mention lots of dill?)  :-)
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp grated lemon zest (Don't skip this step! You have no idea how much flavor this adds!)
Salt and pepper as needed

Combine the yogurt, sour cream, cucumber, and garlic in a food processor and puree until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and fold in the olive oil, mint or dill, lemon juice, and zest. Stir until combined and season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.

**To be honest, when I'm rushing (or don't feel like it), I don't put the ingredients in a food processor. I just mix everything together. It makes for a chunkier sauce, and I'm ok with that, so if you are too, I promise I won't tell. :-) **


No comments:

Post a Comment